These deeds relate to a block of property on the south side of Fleet Street comprising 48 – 52 Fleet Street, Serjeant’s Inn and the Clachon Inn formerly the Mitre Tavern. In the sixteenth century the whole area was owned by the Dean and Chapter of 48 – 52 Fleet Street, Serjeant’s Inn and the Clachon Inn formerly the Mitre Tavern. In the sixteenth century the whole area was owned by the Dean and Chapter of York. They leased the property which became known as Serjeant’s Inn to the Society of Judges and Serjeants-at-Law until 1730. The premises was burnt down in the Great Fire, rebuilt in 1670 and fully re-developed in the eighteenth century, towards the end of which postal addresses allocated . But by the end of the century Numbers 48 , 49, 50 and 51 were in fact single properties. By October 1837 the Amicable Society had acquired Serjeant’s Inn as well as 48 to 51 Fleet Street, subject only to leases in being from the Dean & Chapter , due to expire in 1845, 1846 and 1866. The whole premises were sold in 20 lots on 27th October 1837 and are described with a plan in MUN 19/15. In 1866 the Amicable Society, founded 1706 merged with the Norwich Union, founded 1808. The whole property was acquired in 2000 by the Inner Temple and sold by them to Apex Hotels in 2010. For further information about Serjeant’s Inn see H.C. King Records and Documents concerning Serjeant’s Inn, Fleet Street (1928). The properties are listed as far as possible in their geographical sequence from West to East so starting with 48 Fleet Street.